Monday, May 27, 2013

Adventures with Dad & my Italia Exploration with my 2nd Family


In my final weeks of study abroad, my dad & his girlfriend came to visit me in Barcelona. We ate at great restaurants, visited a lot of the tourist sites, & the two of them went to Tarragona for a day trip. I was really glad they came & it was a great way to end my study abroad program. On April 27th, Sam & I had to fully move out of the apartment & we were on our way to my mom's apartment in Vicenza, Italy. Sam stayed for a week. We toured Vicenza & Rome. Rome was not what I thought it would be: The crowds are insane & the food was not what I expected (it was terrible quality).

Where my mom lives in Vicenza, however, has great food & the best gelato. I have had so much gelato since being in Italy. After Sam left, I went to work with my mom a couple days. Then my best friend Alexis, & her mother & sister came to visit. They spent one night in Vicenza & then we went to Venice & Florence. I did not expect Venice to be all water & to have water taxis & ferries to get around the town. It is a beautiful city & I cannot believe it is so close to where my mom lives.

We took a very nice tour where the tour guide told us the ins & outs of Italy & how the locals really live. Florence was amazing as well. We toured the city as well as took a food tour. That was the most amazing part of the whole trip. Cheese with jelly? Who would think that would have been good. We made 15 different stops on the tour to local restaurants & markets. It was absolutely amazing & I would recommend everyone take a food tour. I left Alexis & her family & took the train back to Vicenza & they continued to travel to Rome. It was so nice that they traveled so far so we could take this amazing trip together & I am so happy I got to further explore Italy!

Until next time... ciao 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

No comments:

Post a Comment