Monday, June 24, 2013

One more year until my life begins...

There are so many issues in this world that are far worse than mine: poverty, starvation, homelessness... However, my problems are still problems & need to be addressed right here & now for my own sanity. I have one year until I graduate college. ONE. That means one year until I start my life on my own. Not that my parents are kicking me out; It’s quite the opposite actually. Nevertheless, I’ve been dying to get out on my own in the world & support myself. I just don’t know what I want to do with such newfound freedom & responsibility.


 Here’s my most recent Facebook status that may clear up (or confuse) what I am trying to say: “So many options to choose from & only 1 year to decide. What the heck am I going to do with my life!? Live in Warwick/get my masters while working at West Point, teach English in India, work in NYC/live in Queens with Dad, live in Italy with Mom & get my masters? Can someone just assign me an awesome job that has lots of vacay time to travel, make loads of $, & involves my major? K, thanks.” As you may have gathered, I am conflicted with staying close to home (Warwick), the place that has sent me off the grid (emotionally) & grounded me all at the same time, or elsewhere where I may not feel as connected but may have a better chance at a career. I am also conflicted because money in my family is very important because we work hard for it. Nevertheless, I am not striving to be filthy rich. I want to be surrounded by people that I enjoy being around, eat good food, & travel as much as I can. As long as I have those 3 things fulfilled, I’ll be happy. & maybe a puppy too. I love puppies. On top of all this confusion, I have one problem that is at the forefront of all of my problems-my relationship. Am I stable enough to be in a relationship right now? How can I let Sam go when he is the best person I have ever met in my entire life? Morals, ideals, beliefs, & my future are completely scrambled, but I am now realizing that this blogging thing is a great way to figure this stuff out (even if no one reads it). Thanks, Blogger/Google+, for saving the day. =)

Until next time... ciao 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I just wrote this huge comment to you & LOST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make it much shorter this time:

    This is what I did when I found myself unemployed last year: Twice a day (upon waking & sleeping), I prayed, "God, please let me have the wisdom and courage to accept what is right for me, as you present the opportunity to me."

    You do have MANY options, and I know you are eager to venture out on your own. However, in such a horrible economy, not many college graduates will be able to do that. You have two great choices to live scott-free and finish your education: Mom or Dad. Don't let a boyfriend screw up your road - there is always time for a boyfriend down the road. If your love is true, your love will be there when you're both finished traveling down your roads. Don't push "adulthood" so hard... let things happen naturally. Things will present themselves when they are ready. The timing is NOT right, so stop pushing... go with the flow of the natural order. It will happen - I promise. I mean, look at me! Whoever would have though I'd be over here in Italy!

    I love you, Ariel. You have a good head on your shoulders. Set up the chess pieces, in case one of them moves and you'll be ready.

    ReplyDelete