Thursday, November 13, 2014

Keep calm and start a new life

I’m only 22-years-old & have already been working for 8 years. I’ve babysat & bussed tables; I’ve worked at a carwash, chiropractor, Brookstone, NY1, AmeriCorps, the US Army (volunteer), & am currently working in nonprofit. From these experiences I have come to the conclusion that I do not like working for people. Obviously, I don’t have enough experience to ‘make it big’ right out of the college gate & I plan to gain experience in what I intend to do (whatever that is), but there has to be a better way to tackle this. I have a potential startup business plan that enables me to work from anywhere in the world & work with people across the globe. Although I don’t like working for people, I do like working with people on the customer service & sales end of the business. I need something that is fulfilling & helps people but still allows me the flexibility to travel & see my boyfriend, friends, & family who are across the globe. Who knows, maybe I can incorporate writing into what I’m doing somehow.

The nice thing about it all is that I’m with someone who enjoys traveling & staying active as much as I do (& basically has the same interests, ideas, & thoughts as I do too!) We have even discussed teaching English abroad so now our life options have become even broader! I feel like life is so much more exciting now that I am dating someone that likes to seize life & get as much as he can out it just as I do. I am very fortunate to have so many options, but it opens a door to a whole mess of confusing, but stimulating decisions. Who knows, maybe I can teach English while carrying out my business idea… I’m driving myself crazy as usual with my high-anxiety self, but what keeps me grounded is knowing I have Jason to lean on as well as my friends who have helped me sort out my mess of thoughts & ideas, which they are also going through.

So as of now, my ideas for my future are as follows, but not limited to these:

1. Teach English abroad.

2. Get my real estate license.

3. Start a business I am passionate about.

4. Live in another country (should I live in Spain again? What an amazing experience that was).

5. Save up money from now until Jason’s US visa expires to have a bit of cushion before leaving the country.

6. Potentially get my MBA in 3 years or so.

There is so much to do & so little time.

Until next time... ciao 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

1 comment: