Monday, February 2, 2015

My first visit to Ireland & the Irish Family Initiation

I had a fantastic time in Ireland & I am thankful to have been able to immerse myself in the culture through my boyfriend, Jason's amazing family. I was also very lucky to be able to experience delicious Irish home cooking every single night & eat a full Irish breakfast (thanks Stephanie & Paddy!)

Jason took me to the leprechaun museum, which is great to hear stories about leprechauns & to take photos sitting in giant furniture.

We also went to the Guinness Storehouse despite my strong dislike for beer. It is a fascinating museum of the history of Guinness & at the top is a bar where we tried a free Guinness with the purchase of our museum ticket (& I can still say that I do not like beer, YUCK).

Then the fun continued at Newgrange, which is a beautiful sight to see & I think one of my favorite parts of my 9-day trip. The landscape & scenery are beautiful & for a city girl, it is nice to get a change of scenery. There are symbolic markings on the rocks that no one knows the meaning of that is near the cave entrance. The tour guide was very passionate about the site & showed us what it was like with no light & how it would be like to live there. Newgrange reminded me a lot of Stonehenge so if you like Stonehenge, you will definitely like this.

I had a great time being a tourist & visiting all the tourist sites, but the main reason for my Ireland trip was to meet Jason's whole family at his brother, Robbie's wedding. The reception was at Ballymagarvey, which looked like a quaint castle. There was food, lots of drinking, & Jason & I danced as if we were on "Dancing with the Stars," or at least that is what we thought. I had the best time meeting all of Jason's family & bringing in the New Year with a kiss from Jason.

I also got to experience the nightlife scene at the Palace in a cute town close to Jason called Navan. Jason & I drank, mingled, &danced all night long. I did not realize how much Jason & I love dancing until now.

I loved Jason's family; I felt very at home & if I were close to a city, I would move to Ireland in a heartbeat. Ireland is friendly, clean, & obviously, I love it because Jason & his awesome family are there. Who knows, I may be living out there sooner than I think depending on how things go. Fingers crossed!

Until next time 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

1 comment: