Monday, December 27, 2010

Fines are not fine

I understand that an establishment must maintain order. I fully comprehend that one must have some structure in their life in order to be successful. However, fining a student for every minor rule break is utterly ridiculous. $50 here, $100 there, just for missing a floor meeting or not signing out of the dorms properly. I missed one floor meeting because I was stuck on the subway & I was fined $100 (granted it hasn't shown up as a fine yet on my Pace Portal. I'm still waiting for that.) A college student is supposed to be free of the confines of an institution that controls your every move. But at Pace, this is certainly not the case.

I was shocked to find out how many fines that Pace has slammed on people for missing meetings, etc. Isn't Pace getting enough money from us? As a result of rudeness from my RA & all of the fines, I no longer attend the trips. Now I just have to figure out what to do once these fines show up on my portal, AH!

Until next time... ciao 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete