Monday, December 27, 2010

Senioritis: An Introduction

Hey! I'm Amanda, an author on this blog. I was only given two rules: no nudity and no cursing. The nudity is no problem, but I'll have to work to rein my sailor's mouth in. I'd like to give you all (and Ariel) a little introduction to me and what you should expect from me on this blog.

I've chosen to title all of my entries on this blog Senioritis (at least until June). I'm a high school senior and I'm almost in my second semester, which will bring sublime senioritis, briefly interrupted in the spring by Senior Project and APs. Instead of focusing on any one thing specifically, I'm going to focus on anything interesting that's keeping me from schoolwork, thus enabling my senioritis! I'm already suffering from it a bit, as I've been accepted to the University of South Carolina.

I'll be brief for now. My biggest interests are reading (almost everything, but especially Chuck Palahniuk and Kurt Vonnegut), indie and alternative music of all sorts (right now, Florence + the Machine, Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis, Marina & the Diamonds, anything on Blalock's Indie Rock Playlist), feminism, body modification, politics, classical music, film, fashion, environmental science and technology, grammar, NPR, and history. But I ramble about a lot more than that.

I look forward to working on Ariel View!

178 days until graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment