Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hey College Students! GO TO SLEEP!

College students are not getting enough sleep, which impacts negatively on their grades & performance in the classroom. Spending nights studying for exams & writing papers, or even staying up too late talking to roommates (I know this bad sleep habit all too well) & watching TV can cause bad sleeping habits. Many students have part-time jobs & busy social lives which makes sleep not as much of a priority. This is a common mistake many college students make, including me. Additionally, I feel that I do not get restful sleep when I do get the chance to sleep. The mattresses that feel like cardboard make it very uncomfortable to sleep. & even though one may put padding down to make it more comfortable like me, it is still a struggle for comfort.

One way of getting better sleep is to exercise but not prior to going to bed. Exercise during the daylight hours for an hour to two hours. Moreover, have a routine bedtime. I know that it is hard to ask taking into account every other day my classes start at 2:30pm & the other days I start at 9:05am.

So overall not only is your GPA most likely going to be higher if you get an average of eight hours of sleep a night, but your health will be better as well. When people say, “You look like crap!” It’s usually a sign they can tell you haven’t been getting good sleep. Bags under the eyes, fatigue, & constantly yawning isn’t attractive. So do yourself a favor & get the rest your body needs to be healthy & active.

Until next time... ciao 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

No comments:

Post a Comment