Saturday, March 23, 2013

Budapest, Hungary


We got to Budapest, where Sam’s ancestors are from, and it was so cold and windy. For the majority of our weekend, it snowed heavily, which we are not used to since being in Barcelona since January. We got to see the castles, where the queen used to live, and we tried the traditional goulash and other stews that were pretty good. We first explored the Buda side, which is mostly residential and where our friend from Pace University was staying for his study abroad semester. Then we took the bus to the Pest side where a lot of the tourist sites are. Although their currency, the Forint, is weaker, it is very confusing and it is easy to spend a lot of money for 200 Forint is equal to 1 USD, but prices for lets say a bottle of soda could be 800 Forint or $4.

 After a while, I just stopped spending money for the first night I was there I spent $98! But Sam and I had a great time. I think Sam really enjoyed it once he got there because that is where half of his family is from. We found a bottle of wine with Sam’s family name on it. We also found a street name with Sam’s family name. Overall it was a great trip and I’d definitely like to go back there when the weather is warmer.

Until next time... ciao 💗

Follow me on Instagram: @arielview13

No comments:

Post a Comment